What are the major decision-making methods?
There are five major decision-making methods:
- Autocracy: Top-down decision making
- Democracy: Decisions by majority vote
- No governance system: Unclear, lack of a decision-making method
- Whole-group consensus: Everyone must agree to make a decision
- Sociocracy: A decision is made when there is no objection via consent decision-making
What are pros and cons of different decision-making methods?
More resources on decision-making
Membership in Organizations as a Source of Clarity
When working on a project with a group, it is important to know who is responsible for making decisions. Establishing different concepts of membership (such as social membership and governing membership) helps people understand their role and how they are contributing to the group.