- A worker-owned cooperative bakery: Blue Scorcher Bakery
Scorcher bakery in Oregon (US) has been running on sociocracy since 2012. Make sure to check out the section on governance on their beautiful website!
- This case study is helpful if you
- are part of a worker coop in any sector
- would like to see a tried and tested, established implementation of sociocracy
- “[Sociocracy is] like getting a new game from the toy store. Some games you’re agonizing over the rule book trying to figure it out. Other games you’re playing within 15 minutes – Sociocracy is like that.”
- This case study was written by Shane Eazor, as part of his contribution to the Sociocracy Leadership Training. Thanks, Shane! (click for webinar recording featuring Joe)
We are observers and participants of a paradigm shift in management. More and more attention is focused on dynamic governance, which slowly, but inevitably replaces the so-called traditional management, hierarchical in the power-over meaning of the word. Different names are being used to describe organizations operating under the new model.