Are you feeling stuck trying to plan your meeting agenda? Sociocracy, a set of tools for sharing power, has a simple and effective agenda format. Every meeting starts out with a check-in to support emotional connection and ends with a meeting evaluation. Agenda planners have a place to put the time needed and the purpose of each agenda item, which is critical to efficient meeting facilitation. There is clarity in structure- everyone understands how long the meeting is, and what the purpose for each agenda item is. Get your meeting off to a great start with this agenda template!
Downloadable Meeting Agenda Template
Sign up for our newsletter to start editing this downloadable meeting agenda today!
What else is included in this agenda template?
Sociocracy isn’t just about meeting agendas. The top of this document includes a place for important information for your circles or committee.
This template includes a place for:
- Domain: What can this group decide about?
- Aims: What are the goals and activities of this group?
- OKRs: What are the group’s objectives and key results?
- Important links for the group, such as a budget or document folder
- Membership of the group with contact information
- Roles in the group including process roles (facilitator, secretary, etc) or operational roles
- Table of contents of meetings with links to meetings by date
Basic Agenda Structure in Sociocracy
Why are meeting agendas structured this way in sociocracy? There is a reason for every item and the order they occur in.
|Check-in||Connection: How are you arriving at the meeting?|
|Administration||Clarity: Understand the duration and next meeting time.|
|Reports||Clarity: Understanding reports from members and other circles|
|Agenda Topics||Clarity: Is each topic a report, exploration, or decision?|
|Backlog||Clarity: Put future agenda items for a later date|
|Check-out||Feedback: Meeting evaluation to improve future meetings|
Learn more about meeting facilitation in an upcoming workshop!
Interested in facilitation training to take you to the next level?