Sociocracy Leadership Training (SoLT)
SoLT is a training program that lets you experience what sociocracy feels like by doing it. It prepares you to be part of a sociocratic organization.
SoLT is more than a workshop. It is real! Participants have real meetings, make real policy, real output, real relationships.
This is our most favorite training program. We are looking forward to meeting you!
SoLT 13 starts March 12, 2020.
Time: 18:00 UTC (2 hours each)
10 sessions: March 12, March 19, March 26, April 2, April 9, April 16, April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14
Note: because we’re an international organization, we operate on universal coordinated time (UTC/GMT).
If you are in the US, then all session times will be the same: 11am Pacific time, 2pm Eastern time.
If you are in Europe, then the your time zone will shift compared to UTC during this course (March 29) which will shift the session time. See times below for each individual session.
Anywhere else: see below.
Apply to join the Sociocracy Leadership Training
How SoLT it work?
SoLT consists of 10 weekly two-hour meetings:
- We form teams of 5-7 people, and those teams meet using the sociocratic process to work on a shared project, for example by interviewing and writing up case studies about a sociocratic organization. An experienced trainer is present at every meeting to support the process and give instant feedback.
- Participants of all teams get to know each other and reflect on their learning.
This is an online sociocracy class, i.e. all the meetings and training happen online in video conferences . You can join from wherever you are. The participants are typically from all over the world.
How much is it?
The regular price is $480.
Sociocracy For All is committed to affordability that’s why we offer SoLT on a sliding scale: $240-480. We ask organizations and individuals who can to pay on the higher end so we can give out scholarships. We understand that the same dollar amount can mean very different value depending on your country of residence, your income, class and your family situation. Even below the sliding scale, no one is turned away for lack of funds, and we determine the price for the training together with you in our online interview. Although we do have some flexibility, we expect everyone to stretch just enough to make this training viable for everyone.
What are the requirements?
- This is an intermediate program so we assume that you have some knowledge about sociocracy.
- Ideally, you have completed at least two of our level 2 classes (the class on organizational structure and on facilitation and decision-making). They are coordinated with the SoLT sessions so you can start with level 2 classes and then attend SoLT.
- Another good preparation is SoFA’s 6-session video-led curriculum (see Empowered Learning Circles).
- You’ll need to speak, read and write in English – comfortable enough to participate in a meeting.
- A good enough internet connection and equipment to participate in a video conference call. We use Zoom. Zoom can work on tablets and smartphones, but for regular meetings, the larger laptop or computer screen (or even two screens) is better so you can see each other on Zoom and also see the agenda or other documents the circle is working on in a separate window during the call.
Where can I see what this training is like?
What's the application process like?
In that video call, you and Jerry will talk about your interests and experience level. You and Jerry together will also determine whether you can get a reduced rate.
Jerry will send you a registration form. When we receive your deposit of $30, we reserve your spot in SoLT.
We expect your full payment 2 weeks before SoLT begins.