Why Sociocracy For All
Learn and evolve
We offer the whole spectrum of training, coaching and consulting: training on all levels, immersion programs, peer learning among and a one-year advanced program.
We are a membership organization with more than 120 members worldwide with several language groups and circles on topics like cooperatives, communities, permaculture etc.
Social change mission
Real people, peer approach
What we do and why – explained in 40 seconds
The Cohousing Association of the United States
The Cohousing Association of the United States is a national nonprofit supporting cohousing communities in changing our world. Spreading the word about cohousing shifts the culture toward a new American dream where every home is surrounded by caring, collaborative neighbors who use less of the earth’s resources while living an abundant life.
Systems Change Alliance
Systems Change Alliance connects the dots between individuals, groups and organizations working in different fields to collaborate, educate, advocate and implement positive systemic change. We act in three core areas: environment, society and economy, and aim to advocate political, ecological and economic reforms, by organizing movements, workshops and conferences; publishing articles and newsletters; conducting research and developing policy proposals.
Foundation for Intentional Community
We’re excited to have the Foundation for Intentional Community as new partners!
Their mission is to support and promote the development of intentional communities as pathways towards a more cooperative, sustainable and just world, to make intentional community accessible to all those who seek it and to serve intentional communities and spread their solutions.
New Economy Coalition
The New Economy Coalition (NEC) is a network of organizations imagining and building a future where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive. Together, we are creating deep change in our economy and politics—placing power in the hands of people and uprooting legacies of harm—so that a fundamentally new system can take root.
Thriving Resilient Communities Collaboratory (TRCC)
Thriving Resilient Communities Collaboratory is a U.S.-based network of regional and national leaders who use systemic and collaborative approaches to help communities become more thriving and resilient.
The Sociocracy Movement
Since the early days, sociocracy has grown, has been blended with other methods, and yet, the core is still the same: a non-coersive system that is based on trust and empowerment as well as equality.
We are striving to contribute to a pluralist, cooperative learning community that embodies the values of sociocracy: helping each other, appreciating differences and finding the both-and in a non-competitive way.
(For more information on the movement, read Sociocracy. The movement.)
SoFA Mission and Aims
A world where people are organized in a Sociocratic way ( = no one is ignored ) to meet needs.
To make resources for learning and implementing Sociocracy accessible to everyone.
Creating accessible, educational and inspirational materials about Sociocracy (primarily CC–SA-BY license)
- Organizing live introductory learning about Sociocracy such as online webinars and in-person presentations
- Creating and delivering comprehensive training on Sociocracy such as multi-day workshops and the Sociocracy Leadership Training (SoLT)
- Helping implement Sociocracy in organizations
- Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing Sociocracy
SoFA Circle structure
Sociocracy For All History
- 2016: the founders made videos and led four cycles of the Sociocracy Leadership Training (SoLT) program.
- 2017: the founders wrote a book (Many Voices One Song), started the Empowered Learning Circles (study groups), led three more cycles of SoLT, and redesigned SoFA as a member organization with multiple circles (teams) of volunteers.
- 2018: we strengthened and expanded our circle organization and launched an advanced training program, the Sociocracy Academy.
- 2019: we strengthen the SoFA infrastructure and ease replicability (making our resources easier to copy, use, and adapt, and in multiple languages and multiple sectors.
- 2020! We are getting ready for a major expansion in year five! As we continue to grow, we invite you to join SoFA.
Who is on SoFA Staff?
SoFA has more than 120 members and gains about a 1-2 members per week.
Below you can see the SoFA members on staff or in paid roles.
Who is on SoFA board (Mission Circle)?
SoFA mission circle in Nov 2020:
Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (delegate from SoFA General Circle), Ted Rau (leader of SoFA General Circle), Stephanie Nestlerode (USA), Sebastián Zulueta (Chile), Pascale Mompoint-Gaillard (France), Nara Pais (Brazil), Deborah Chang (USA)