You know sociocracy well or you are part of a sociocratic organization? Consider joining SoFA as a member!
Below is our organizational structure which will give you a sense of what we do. If you’d like to request membership, you can find all the information you need on the membership page. Most circles meet once a month, or more often if members decide to. See all aims, domains and role description here or click on the circles below.
Members looking for the SoFA phonebook, go this way.
Click on one of the circles to see the circle’s aim and domain plus roles.
- Aim: spreading sociocracy with accessible, educational and inspirational materials
- Domain: resources that contain content and makes that content available to a larger audience (website, videos, webinar recordings, all visuals, articles, brochures).
- Roles: newsletter, conference admin, youtube admin, website, webinars
- Aim: supporting training by supporting trainers and delivery on all levels
- Domain: training and evaluation materials, upcoming trainings, trainer list
- Roles: ELC point person and coach
- Aim: Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing sociocracy to support community and implementations
- Domain: sector and language specific content
- Roles: SoFA community, external contact (B2B), membership
(aka Top Circle)
- Aim: holding Sociocracy For All true to its mission.
- Domain: All decisions that affect long-term direction of Sociocracy For All in all departments.
- Aim: supporting editing the manual Many Voices One Song; supporting translations of the book
- Domain: book draft
- Aim: developing an outreach approach to better understand SoFA’s audience and reach
- Domain: –
- Aim: Writing, overseeing and publishing case studies.
- Domain: the master sociocratic org list, “We’re doing sociocracy list”
Social media circle
- Aim: Spreading sociocratic content on social media
- Domain: content list, social media accounts: twitter, linkedin, FB, FB group, hootesuite, instagram
- Aim: shepherding and improving the SoLT format (Sociocracy online leadership training)
- Domain: all training materials
Academy mission Circle
- Aim: shepherding improving the Academy format (Sociocracy 1-year training)
Domain: basic training design, badges
- Aim:running the Academy
- Domain:programming, enrollment, mentoring, student support
Intent. commu- nity circle
Aim: Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing sociocracy in intentional communities.
- Domain: all content related to intentional communities
Perma- culture circle
- Aim: Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing sociocracy in permaculture
- Domain: all permaculture-specific content, landing page sociocracy/permaculture, list of resources
- Aim: Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing sociocracy in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Domain: all Spanish-speaking content
- Aim: Creating and enhancing connections among the people who are practicing and sharing sociocracy in co-operatives
- Domain: all co-op-specific content, landing page for co-operatives, list of cooperatives
- Aim: providing, maintaining and improving the infrastructure within SoFA.
- Domain: gsuite (incl. calendar), zoom accounts, youcanbookme, all bank accounts
- Roles: admin, accounting
- Spreading sociocracy with accessible, educational and inspirational materials about sociocracy (articles, videos, webinars, social media)
- Supporting training by supporting trainers’ learning and advertising trainings.
- Networking the sociocracy world.
Membership benefits and expectations: be part of the SoFA family
The opportunity to contribute meaningfully towards a more just and resilient world.
To belong to a community of people who care deeply about equality
- You will have access to a great network of people worldwide
- You can start your own study group to build your skills
- Community events/open, themed hangouts
- Build experience and invest in personal development
- Contribute in work circles
- Take on roles, like facilitation
- You can join the personal development circle and work towards certification
- Visibility: with your consent, your name and bio will be on the SoFA website
- Access to resources in our google drive:
- Organizational structures swap
- Training materials swap
- Presentation materials swap
- By-laws swap…
- Video footage repository
Expectations: Giving your time, your money, your heart
- Every working member joins at least one work circle (fixed minimum – 2h/month) and participates in work outside of meetings (variable)
- $50 per year + a variable contribution
- Intention to connect: give and receive feedback, engage lovingly in conflicts as they arise, communicate about your life and your progress and setbacks
All online meetings are open to visitors. Contact SoFA to visit a meeting. The times are given in Eastern Time.
- Support Circle May 23, 2019 at 7:30 am – 9:00 am agenda
- SoPra-E May 23, 2019 at 9:30 am – 11:00 am https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/3366876916
- SoPraxis-E May 24, 2019 at 9:30 am – 11:00 am https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/3366876916
- SoFA party (Open Space format) May 29, 2019 at 8:30 am – 9:30 am https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/7624622291, SoFA1-1-https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/7624622291 (100) (Pierre hosting)
- Community Network Circle June 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/7624622291, SoFA1-1-https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/7624622291 (100) ZOOM #1: https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/7624622291AGENDA: Community Network Circle──────────────────────────────────
- SoPra-G June 6, 2019 at 9:30 am – 11:00 am https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/3366876916
- Advocates for Sociocracy in Community June 10, 2019 at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/4136875444, Jerry's-1-https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/4136875444 (100) Zoom https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/4136875444
- Case study circle meeting June 11, 2019 at 11:30 am – 1:00 pm https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/8255295170, Ted's-1-https://sociocracyforall.zoom.us/j/8255295170 (100) Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14H256lUaZXmZ9SL9i9QHoC7EdYWBdf0D6Wrop8Isegg/edit#Zoom room: by default here https://zoom.us/j/8255295170