Longing for better time management in meetings? Curious what sociocracy has to offer? This video with Ted Rau ([email protected]) gives an overview!
Meeting time – sometimes meetings seem to last forever, sometimes time just flies! As a participant, it’s easy to talk for 5 or 10 minutes straight and that can be 1/10 of the meeting used up already. As a facilitator, it’s excruciating to watch the time pass by, but for some, interrupting someone is even more excruciating. In a word, time management in meetings is hard. In this presentation, we will show all the places where we can improve our time management – both in in-person and in remote meetings.
- Before the meeting: agenda planning. Create clarity for yourself as the facilitator and for participants so everyone can be relaxed about the meeting and can focus on the content of the meeting.
- During the meeting: how to stay on topic, stick to time agreements, hold people accountable, how to shorten endless discussions and create.
- How our organization affects meeting time (e.g. group size, clarity of role and circle domains) – outsource and delegating to make sure meeting time is spent on relevant topics.
If you are looking for a class, you can find one here: www.sociocracyforall.org/training
Resources mentioned in the webinar:
- Sociocracy in large groups?
- “What if people don’t cooperate?” A systemic view of meetings
- Strategies for integrating objections
- The tragedy of a meeting
- The 5min timer (counting upwards). Download and add as a background option in your zoom video settings. It will run upwards for 5min; if you want to reset it, re-select the video. (Not a perfect solution but quite ok.)
Not mentioned but very related. Learn how to hold a sociocratic meeting,