Good planning is the first step to a good meeting!
Bonus: if you know meeting planning, you can also give meaningful feedback to the meetings planned by others.
|Skill description||planning a meeting agenda, including topic, desired outcomes and timing; taking into consideration the circle’s input, the backlog, term ends|
|How to acquire skill||self-study; workshop; practice in real life; MVOS chapter 5.4|
|Show skill||Planning 3 meeting agendas, either in Peer group (ALC) or outside the organization.|
|Measurement||Peer group (ALC) assesses based on checklist below.|
- Meetings held within Peer group (ALC): evaluate in circle (meeting evaluation).>
- Meetings held outside of Peer group (ALC): ask for written feedback based on checklist from two people in that circle and present to Peer group (ALC).
- Opening round, ADMIN, consenting to agenda, closing round considered in meeting agenda?
- Topics selected and prioritized from backlog (if available)?
- Desired outcomes (report, exploration, decision) defined for each agenda item?
- Timing for the meeting planned? Timing realistic?
- Relevant information provided ahead of time?
- Meeting room, whether physical or online prepared and any key documents available