Sociocracy in forming communities
October 8 @ 20:00 - 21:00Free – $12
How does sociocracy (aka Dynamic Governance) work in forming communities (cohousing and ecovillages)?
Sociocracy is used by dozens of communities (82 are listed on ic.org with “sociocracy” as their governance system) – for good reasons:
- Communities have egalitarian roots – everyone’s voice matters.
- They are built on trust and the ethos of working together to manage the community themselves.
The sweet spot between an egalitarian decision-making system that allows groups to be productive and clear in their decision-making systems is where sociocracy is strong.
In this webinar, we will show how sociocracy works in forming communities – groups that are looking for a site or have started to build.
Why is this relevant now?
- Because you’re making big decisions! Make them well!
- Because you’re setting the culture now for the years to come – early community building is key to deep, healthy relationships in the long run.
- Because community is much sweeter when meetings are connecting and productive!
(Already in a community run on consensus? See our webinar for established communities.)
This introduction will be taught by Jerry Koch-Gonzalez and Ted Rau, both staff in Sociocracy For All, and authors of the sociocracy handbook Many Voices One Song. They both live in a cohousing community.
This event will include a short welcome/check-in, followed by a 45min presentation and time for questions from participants.
The event will be on Oct 8, 8pm Eastern Time (confusingly, this equates to Oct 9 0:00 UTC).
This corresponds to:
- Oct 8, 5-6.30 pm Pacific Time
- Oct 8, 7-8.30 pm Central Time
- Oct 8, 8-9.30 pm Eastern Time
- Oct 9, 8-9.30 am Perth, Australia
- Oct 9, 11-13.30 Sydney, Australia
Event time in your time zone:
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com