Facilitation – deep practice
September 29 @ 17:00 - October 27 @ 19:00 EDT
This is the right class for you if you want to be that weathered facilitator that sees a way forward, no matter what happens. You want to be the person who brings loving clarity to the group work while actively inviting all voices in. Your vision is that everyone feels safe, heard, held, and empowered in your meetings.
This class is geared towards people who have already done our facilitation training (or a comparable experience level) and want to improve their facilitation dramatically. We expect you know how to run picture forming and proposal shaping, you know how to run a consent process, and you know how to do a selection process.
Now it’s time to highlight and master all the stuff in between: when people object and it’s not easy to address their objection, or if it’s not clear what their objection is. When there are too many options on the table and everyone feels overwhelmed. When you’re under time pressure and you need to find common ground fast.
The sociocracy facilitation training will be taught by Ted Rau, co-founder and staff member of Sociocracy For All.
For each session, there will be
- 15 min of quick presentation on a particular technique or common issues
- 60min 3 role play scenarios in small groups – everyone gets a turn to facilitate each time
- 15 min reflection debrief and reflection
All events will be held on zoom (a video platform). You will receive the zoom link after registration. If you have questions about the class, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships and group discounts
- Scholarships: If your financial situation is keeping you from taking this class, please send a paragraph describing your need to email@example.com.
- Group discounts. Bring a friend! If you’d like to take this class with someone else, you can receive a discount code to sign up for 30% discount each. (For up to 3 people.) Request a group discount code: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and times
5 Wednesdays: Sept 29, Oct 6, Oct 13, Oct 20, Oct 27 each 17-19 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
(Can’t make that date/time? This class will be repeated about 3x/year.)
See below in any time zone: