Conflict resolution in circles
October 28 @ 17:30 - 19:30$5 – $25
Sociocracy works best when all minds and hearts are open – but that’s not always the case. When there is conflict, our ability to listen and problem-solve is diminished.
In this webinar, we will review all the ways in which sociocracy can support conflict resolution, and how it can be combined with other, related tools to transform conflict into an opportunity to connect and learn more about each other.
Of course, interpersonal conflict is always at the heart of conflicts! But in this webinar, we’ll focus on conflict in circles and organizations and what circles and organizations can do to prevent and address conflict. An organization can’t mandate how people think or when to go see a therapist, but it can create an ecosystem of listen and care, a support network for conflict resolution, and accountability measures to make sure organizations can sustain the maintenance and care of their processes and their people. So this webinar is about institutional support for conflict resolution.
We will talk about
- understanding why people do what they do – why we hear what we hear
- what facilitators can do in the moment
- what any circle and any organization as a whole can do to prevent and address conflict
- foreseeing and preventing conflict resolution with regard to governance agreements (e.g. fall-back decision-making methods and processes)
We will outline tools like
- Reflective listening for facilitators
- Nonviolent communication
- Restorative Circles (intro video)
- Resolution groups in sociocracy
Note: this webinar is very similar to the webinar SoFA ran in February 2020.
This introduction will be taught by Jerry Koch-Gonzalez, certified trainer in Nonviolent Communication and staff in Sociocracy For All, and co-author of the sociocracy handbook Many Voices One Song.
- 10 min check-in in breakouts
- 50 presentation
- 20 reflection in breakouts
- 10 More resources to learn
The event will be on Oct 28, 17.30-19.30 UTC.
This corresponds to:
- 10.30-12.30pm Pacific time
- 1.30 pm -3.30 pm Eastern time
- 18.30-20:30 UK time
- 19.30-21:30 Central European time.
Event time in your time zone:
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com