This is a growing section of introductions into aspects of sociocracy. You can read them top to bottom, or you can start somewhere. For governance, everything is interrelated anyway; organizational structure has an impact on how we make decisions, roles and feedback can be found everywhere, and understanding rounds informs the decision-making process. Click on the link to see the pdf version.
- On rounds (9 pages)
- Roles and elections in sociocracy (20 pages)
- How to run a sociocratic meeting (9 pages)
- Generating proposals: picture forming and proposal shaping (18 pages)
- Consent decision-making and how to deal with objections (25 pages)
- Circles: the socios in sociocracy (organizational structure) (18 pages)
- On feedback (25 pages)
These are the reading from the study group curriculum. If you’d like to practice what you read here, we highly recommend you look into the curriculum here: Empowered Learning Circles (ELC).
(Yes, we are in the process of compiling everything into the manual and we expect to be doing so in fall of 2017.)