We offer 3 standard modules
- Beginner class. All topics as a fly-over, with practice!
- Facilitation class. More productive meetings!
- Nonviolent communication. Integrity and compassion.
Each module is offered several times a year, often in a series. It makes sense to attend all 3 but it is also possible to pick individual modules. These online classes are typically lecture-based with some participatory aspects.
General Introduction for beginnersBeginner class for sociocracy
- In this workshop, we provide an overview of the basic concepts of sociocracy: how we make decisions, how we empower and connect teams and we can improve continuously over time. We do exercises and role-plays so everyone can experience the clarity, consideration and flow that sociocracy brings.
- Deciding together so no one is ignored (consent); organizational structure and linking; being intentional about who does what: sociocratic open elections. Learning and feedback: how we can improve what we do and how we do it
- Entry: This class is most appropriate for people who have attended a webinar, or seen an intro video and want to start learning.
Facilitation class for sociocracyMore productive meetings
- This is a 3-session introduction class to facilitation and decision making in sociocracy. It covers basic concepts with many examples.
- All sessions are participatory with time for questions and answers.
- The classes are taught by Ted Rau, co-founder and staff member of Sociocracy For All.
- Session 1: Preparing agendas that work; rounds
- Session 2: Clear decisions and addressing objections
- Session 3: What if we have to change our plans? Time-keeping, emotional distress, conflict in meetings.
Nonviolent CommunicationIntegrity and compassion
- This is a 3-session introduction class to compassionate communication (Non-Violent Communication, NVC). It covers basic concepts with many examples. All sessions are participatory with time for questions and answers. The classes is taught by Jerry Koch-Gonzalez, co-founder and staff member of Sociocracy For All, a certified NVC trainer.
- Session 1: Connecting with yourself, connecting with others (feelings, needs, connection requests)
- Session 2: Asking for what you want – and what to do if you don’t get it (making requests)
- Session 3: Giving difficult feedback