- This event has passed.
Community of Practice: leaders of sociocratic circles
September 15 @ 15:30 - 16:30 EDT
Are you holding the role of the leader of a circle in your organization? (Or a “coordinator”, “lead link”, etc.) Would it help you to reflect with others regularly on what it means to be a leader in a sociocratic organization?
This Community Of Practice might be helpful for you!
What is a community of practice?
- It’s a regular group with defined members – so we can build trusted relationships with each other.
- It’s open to people who are in sociocratic circles and hold leader roles in them.
We will support each other in all the questions that come up in our role. For example, when do I push, when do I let things emerge? How can we hit the right balance between micromanagement and lack of structure or support? How do we create spaces for everyone to contribute? How does this role change how I see myself? Plus any question that you want to put on the agenda!
What happens at a meeting?
- Building the agenda: gathering topics from the group in a round
- Talking about the topics (in rounds)
Who can join?
- working and supporting SoFA members (membership is $50/year).
- members of organizational members of SoFA
The steps to join are:
- Join SoFA membership here
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this event page (you will receive an automated confirmation message when your form is successfully submitted).
- Check your email! Your Community of Practice coordinator will email you to confirm your SoFA membership or assist you in signing up if you’re not already a member (you can attend one session even if you’re not done with the process).
- 10 minutes before the session, check your email and click the Zoom Link.
If the time doesn’t work for you, please let us know, we could start another cohort if there is enough interest.
This Community of Practice is facilitated by Ted Rau.
This group meets monthly on third Wednesdays at 19.30 UTC for one hour, starting Sept 15.
See your local time zones below.
Don’t see the signup? You must be a SoFA member.If you are not a SoFA member, find out more about SoFA membership here.