Community of Practice: facilitators of sociocratic circles
October 9 @ 14:00 - 15:00 EDT
Are you holding the role of the facilitator of a circle in your organization? Would it help you to reflect with others on what it means to be a facilitator in a sociocratic organization?
This Community Of Practice might be helpful for you!
What is a community of practice?
- It’s a regular group with defined members – so we can build trusted relationships with each other.
- It’s open to people who are in sociocratic circles and hold facilitator roles in them.
We will support each other in all the questions that come up in our role. For example, how do we balance being a circle member and a circle facilitator? How do we navigate heightened emotions? How can I better integrate objections and synthesize proposals? Plus any question that you want to put on the agenda!
What happens at a meeting?
- Building the agenda: gathering topics from the group in a round
- Talking about the topics (in rounds)
Who can join?
- working and supporting SoFA members (membership is $50/year).
- members of organizational members of SoFA
The steps to join are:
- Join SoFA membership here
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this event page (you will receive an automated confirmation message when your form is successfully submitted).
- Check your email! Your Community of Practice coordinator will email you to confirm your SoFA membership or assist you in signing up if you’re not already a member (you can attend one session even if you’re not done with the process).
- 10 minutes before the session, check your email and click the Zoom Link.
If the time doesn’t work for you, please let us know, we could start another cohort if there is enough interest.
This Community of Practice is facilitated by Shala Massey.
This group meets on Saturday, October 9th at 18 UTC for one hour.
See your local time zones below.
Sign Up to Attend
Don’t see the signup? You must be a SoFA member.If you are not a SoFA member, find out more about SoFA membership here.