Sociocracy beginner class
April 22 @ 17:00 - April 23 @ 17:00 EDT$120
You’ve heard of sociocracy and you’re ready to learn it? This sociocracy beginner training is for you!
In this workshop, we will give you an overview of the basic concepts of sociocracy: how we make decisions, how we empower and connect teams and we can improve continuously over time. Exercises and role-plays let everyone experience the clarity, consideration and flow that sociocracy brings. Ca. 1/3 of the time will be on presentations, 1/3 on practical exercises and 1/3 on reflection and Q&A.
- Deciding together so no one is ignored (consent)
- Organizational structure and linking
- Being intentional about who does what: sociocratic open elections
- Learning and feedback: how we can improve what we do and how we do it
Entry: This class is most appropriate for people who have an idea of what sociocracy is but not much more, for example after attending a webinar, or seeing a video (like our 4 min video or our 19 min video). Possibly, you have gone deeper into one aspect of sociocracy, like consent.
This class also works if you’re a new member of a sociocratic organization and you’d like to understand the reasons under processes done there.
This introduction will be co-taught by Ted Rau and Jerry Koch-Gonzalez, staff in Sociocracy For All, and co-authors of the sociocracy handbook Many Voices One Song, as well as student teachers for individual parts.
This is not one of those lengthy online classes. This workshop combines presentation, practice in small groups, demos, role plays, and reflection in small breakouts for optimal learning and connection. There will be time for questions as well!
We will provide preparation materials as well as opportunities to immerse more deeply into particular areas of sociocracy after this workshop.
All events will be held on zoom (a video platform). You will receive the zoom link after registration. If you have questions on the class, send an email to: email@example.com
Scholarships and group discounts
- Scholarships: If your financial situation is keeping you from taking this class, please send a paragraph describing your need to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group discounts. Bring a friend! If you’d like to take this class with someone else, you can receive a discount code to sign up for 30% discount each. (For 3+ people.) Request a group discount code: email@example.com.
Dates and times
April 22+23, 2021, for three hours each.
April 22 for three hours starting at…
April 23 for three hours starting at…
(Can’t make this time? See the same class at a different time.)