How do the 4 sessions work?
- Before the first session.
- Make a date! The course requires a group to learn and practice with during the sessions. Get your group of 4-7 people together and schedule a time/date. You can meet virtually or in person.
- Make sure to invite your group members (see below) so they get access. The other members in your need to sign up for the course via this link www.sociocracyforall.org/product/elc-express-learn-sociocracy-in-4-sessions-with-your-group/ and select “Group Member”. They enter the Group Name when they checkout.
- During the session.
- All members meet for each session and go through the group exercises together. Each session takes about 2 hours, including all exercises.
- In a virtual context (zoom, google meet etc.), to watch the session videos together, the easiest is for everyone to be logged into the SoFA curriculum and watch each video at the same time, everyone on their own computer and while being muted. (The other option would be for one person to screen share the video but we find that not everyone has an internet connection that is good enough.)
- Between sessions.
- Answering your questions:
- You can research the questions you’ve gathered in your session in the FAQ.
- Meet with your coach to support your group in finding the answers in your group. (optional) We recommend getting coaching from our experienced Sociocracy For All coaches. We recommend 4×30 minutes of coaching ($220) alongside with this training.
- Enjoy the additional materials! (You will receive them in an email.)
- Read the articles in preparation for the next session. (You will receive them in an email.)
- Answering your questions:
Sociocracy For All is a non-profit driven by a mission: making good governance methods available to everyone. We think that better decision-making and inclusion should be the new normal in all places where people come together: schools, businesses, volunteer organizations, schools, clubs, even families!
To achieve the mission, we work with members and staff to make sociocracy accessible to as many people as possible, without compromising on quality. This ELC course is an example of that. We want to strengthen existing groups and give them the tools and the opportunity to learn together, like a workshop just for your group, on your own schedule, and tailored to your needs. A precursor of this curriculum has been used by dozens of groups, both to give an introduction, prepare an implementation, or to train new people in an already sociocratic organization.
Coaches - how do we get a coach? (optional)
What’s a coach?
In ELC coaching, you meet with a coach for 30min between sessions. (Depending on scheduling, your whole group can meet with the coach or just 1-2 people from your group).
Your coach will be able to answer your specific questions about sociocracy and in your context, much more tailored to your needs that the FAQ.
How do I find a coach?
If you’d like to find a coach for your group, you can visit the Sociocracy For All coaching page. ELC coaching is one of the options there. Buy the coaching ticket, and we’ll find a coach for you.
What happens after this class?
If you’d like to continue with coaching afterward, you can get a regular coaching package on the coaching page.
More questions? Email to [email protected]!