Members of intentional communities, like for instance cohousing communities and ecovillages, want to live and work in community. Sociocracy can help here. It is perfect for your community if you want to:
- make decision-making about content, not about people
- find a way of including people and increasing participation
- enjoy living and working together
Who is already doing it?
- Pioneer Valley Cohousing, Amherst MA
- Windsong Cohousing, BC Canada
- Cohabitat Quebec, Quebec, Canada
- Belfast Cohousing, Belfast ME
- Cambridge Cohousing, Cambridge MA
- Columbia Ecovillage, Portland, OR
- Katywill Cohousing, Colrain, MA
- Rocky Corner, New Haven CT
- Woodard Cohousing, Olympia WA
See a generic governance proposal for an intentional community here.